Building Envelope Solutions
Radiant barriers in the form of insulation coatings complement mass-based insulation by combining the strengths of both. Ceramic insulation coatings reflect solar radiation and reduce heat saturation of mass-based material during the summer. Interior surface-based radiant barriers help maintain heat levels during the winter. The hybrid combination of both materials results in a synergy based on leveraging heat retention and the blocking of heat transfer.
Building Envelope Value Propositions
- Provides an RvE (R-Value Equivalency) of R-9 – R15 with
- Addresses all three types of heat transfer- Conduction, Convection and Radiation.
- Reflects 97% of solar radiation
- Reduces solar heat loading on when used on roofs and walls
- Provides a thermal barrier and can be applied either internally or externally to provide reduction in heat transfer and maintain much cooler , steadier temperatures
- Effective as:
- Air Barrier to control air leakage into and out of the building envelope
- Thermal Barrier to block the transfer of heat or cold
- Vapor Barrier to block Moisture and Condensation
- Acoustic Barrier to dampen noise